The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
One of the mandated functions of the NBI, is to "act as national clearing house of criminal records and other information for use of all prosecuting and law enforcement entities in the Philippines, of identification records of all persons without criminal convictions. . ."
For a long time, the NBI clearance used the "paper and ink" method in the clearance application. Overtime, it shifted to the new clearance system known as the NBI Biometric Clearance System. It started on July 04, 2011 and continuously expands its operation by opening numerous satellite clearance centers nationwide.
Presently, there 63 opening clearance centers nationwide, 16 of them are from regional and 22 from district offices, 11 are from Local Government Units and the rest are located at Malls, in Robinsons, Ever Gotesco, and at Duty Free Philippines.
One unique feature in facilitating clearance application is by availing the e-clearance (electronic) system. To use this e-clearance facility, particularly the procedures posted, one may search at internet-www.nbi.gov.ph
Since last year, 2011, the NBI clearance has now its own permanent site, the NBI Clearance building located at U.N. Avenue Ermita, Manila. It is within the Bureau's main office premises at said place. It is open from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The regional and district offices, Local Government Units, and Ever Gotesco Malls are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Duty Free Phils opens from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (for Travel Abroad only) while Robinsons Malls are open from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. All these processing centers are open from Mondays to Fridays except holidays.
The following guidelines must be observed by the applicants:
- Applicants are advised to observe proper dress code: shorts, sando and slippers are not allowed;
- Applicant should bring two (2) valid Identification Cards (Government issued ID’s preferred)
- We have courtesy lanes for senior citizens (SC), pregnant women, nursing mothers, persons with disability (PWD);
- Non-appearance applicant is not allowed;
- Renewal of previously issued NBI clearance is no longer allowed; however, it can be attached to the application form as reference;
- Application forms may be downloaded thru our website at nbi.gov.ph
- Applicants who live abroad and want to apply for an NBI clearance, may be able to obtain forms (FingerPrintCard-FPC No.5) from their nearest consulate office or one may request his/her representative to secure an application form from the Mailed Clearance Section, NBI Clearance Bldg., NBI main office, Taft Avenue, Manila;
- Foreign national applicants are advise to visit the NBI website and click FAQs;
- Once processed, applicants with “NO HIT” will be released/printed on the same day while those with “HIT” will return after eight (8) working days, e-clearance after three (3) days and those who availed of mailed clearance (applicant is abroad) after five (5) working days.
Mobile clearance for 100 and more applicants may be availed of upon request.
For more information and list processing centers, visit the NBI website at www.nbi.gov.ph or email us at [email protected] You may also contact the NBI Helpline Desk at telephone nos. 5238231 to 38 loc. 5499.
System update will be posted at the NBI website. We will always be glad to serve you. Maraming Salamat.